Monday, June 14, 2010

Fruit of the Loom, featuring Watermelon Size

And another cup of coffee
Get the juices flowin'
and it's
One...two...three...get goin'!
Just like the song say

All the livelong day

Everybody done know that song

Working for a living the whole day long

All the livelong day....


Hey somebody, don'cha wanna hear
The story of my life?

One of them movie companies

T.V. documentaries

Won'cha come and ask me please...

And pay me a million dollars

To tell you what I do at the store

'Cause if you pay me a million dollars
I wouldn't gotta go and do it no more

Just like the song say

All the livelong day

Everybody done know that song

Working for a living the whole day long
All the livelong day



Yessiree Bob. I'm a' workin'. And this silly job thing has really thrown a wrench into my exercise habits. (And my blogging availability.) But I'm looking at it as an opportunity. Change is really the only constant. And once you're okay with change, it's easy to see the adventures on the horizon.

I'm the new manager at the maternity store in the mall. It's a fun job. We get a lot of one-to-one time with our customers which is nice. But we're a small store, so there's only one of us there at any given time. This, of course means that we have to eat at the counter between clients. (We don't have a back room for breaks. Although I suppose I could hide out and eat in the bathroom. But that might be a little weird when I pop out and say hello to unsuspecting guests.)

I'm actually eating very well when I'm at work! Woohoo!! I'm bringing my lunch instead of popping next door to Noodle Express every day. Easier on the pocketbook as well as my waistline. And I'm drinking my whole big bottle of water every day!!

And as much as that 3:00 retail soda flickers past my tastebuds, I haven't had a soda for over 4 weeks!!! AND I haven't had artificial sweeteners for 4 whole weeks. No high fructose corn syrup either. Hooray for natural! (And mostly natural!)

I'm also very happy to report that I only drove through for fast food once in the past two weeks. And that was because I hadn't eaten for about 16 hours and needed something to facilitate the drive home. (LONG day, that one.) Even though I am certainly tempted every single day on the drive home to stop in for a burger or a taco, I keep the car in the middle lane and head home for a healthy dinner.

BUT......yuck...why does there have to be a but? BUT, I seem to be permanently stuck at 205 lbs. Really? Come ON! (Big frustrated sigh.) I thought that keeping busy would help bring that number down. I saw 202 for a week--but I'm still flirting with 205. I clearly have learned to eat just the right amount to sustain, but I need to be losing right now!

It's extremely disheartening because being on my feet all day really prevents me from being active at night. I'm so exhausted right now that I come home and crash. I'm sure that will get better as I get used to the physical nature of retail once again--it's all about comfortable shoes, by the way. But in the meantime I'm way bummed because I know that exercise is what I need to shed that extra fat.

I was so excited--I went on a mini hike this weekend! It was gorgeous!! And I found a whole hillside filled with wild orchids--the kind I haven't seen since I was a kid! But--here's another stupid but--I was so exhausted that I had to sleep all day the next day to recuperate. (I know, I know--it'll take several years for my lungs to regain strength and it'll be at least another year before my circulatory system is functioning properly. Yeah yeah yeah I almost died, whatever. I still don't like being fat!)

I should feel better about where I'm at--when I saw the blood specialist this week he reminded me that my body is still fragile. I just wish I could see some progress in the weight loss department in addition to my healthy eating habits.

And the worst part about this change is that I had to buy new underwear. Mine leave big panty lines, so I end up wearing pantyhose to smooth out my patookus. And then I die of heat exhaustion with all those layers of synthetics. So I broke down and purchased the old lady gigantic derriere all the way to the belly button underwear. The good news is that I don't have pantylines anymore--probably because they go from my knees to my boobs. But the depressing news is that I now get to see just exactly how humongous my butt is whenever I'm doing laundry and pull my new panties out of the dryer.

So I guess I'll just keep focusing on healthy habits, and work on the exercise when I'm more accustomed to being on my feet all day, and dream of tiny panties. Right now I can't even imagine walking, let alone running, after work. And heaven knows I don't get up any earlier than I have to, so an early-bird walk is right out.

I'm just wondering when I get to lose those 20 lbs. everyone says they lose when they stop drinking soda. What's the deal--are they on a layaway plan or something? Hello-o!?! I'd like to cash those puppies in, please, so I can go to Victoria's Secret.


1 comment:

Dr.Tobias said...

You have come such a long ways and you still have your stamina! You might try a little pilates on your days off. Low impact and practically no cardio at all. I'v ebeen doing it for 6 months. remind me to show you the pictures some time. LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! You are one of the most amazing people I have ever let leave my every day life.